I didn’t stumble into architecture.
In fact, I don’t think there was a time when I didn’t know this is exactly what I wanted to do. I started down the path to becoming an architect early, when my only-child life spurred me to be creative and imaginative. My mother had a designers eye and fostered that creativity with toys and tools that allowed my thoughts and skills to flourish, and she taught me to see the beauty in even the smallest things. Those formative experiences helped me develop a lens on the world that allows me to dream big, see solutions first and find joy in the journey of the creative process.
Today, being an architect is an innate part of my personality that is completely entwined with my personal life. I can’t imagine doing anything else. It’s sort of a selfish passion because it is a pretty cool thing to help people bring their dreams to life. But the privilege of doing that comes with responsibility, and it’s on me to develop a trustworthy partnership with each of my clients by making sure I understand their desires, dreams, and goals. To get there, I developed a design process that sets clear expectations, establishes optimal momentum, prioritizes value, and generates predictable outcomes while providing beauty, joy, confidence, and peace.
As long as I can remember, I’ve been walking purposefully into my career as an architect. It’s all led up to now when personally and professionally, my entire life’s work is focused on forming client partnerships that bring vision to reality with efficiency, joy, advocacy, and attention to detail.
It is my life’s work both personally and professionally to bring your vision to reality with efficiency, joy, and advocacy thru attention to detail and collaboration.
The Corder Family
I’m a busy architect, husband, Dad, and sports enthusiast so I understand how crazy life can be. But, I also know that coming home to a space that feels like a refuge can be one of life’s greatest pleasures for you and your family. I’ve been married to my wife Daphne for eighteen years and we have two beautiful daughters Jennifer & Lauren. We recently adopted a Weiner dog named Beau. I attended the University of Texas at Austin and could not bring myself to leave this great city. We currently live in North Austin and when I’m not busy with family, work or watching the Longhorns, I love to spend time outdoors running & cycling.
About The Firm
With a focus on aesthetics, Jay Corder Architect brings your vision of a great space to reality. Our acclaimed architects believe in Inspired Design to create spaces that look great, suit your needs, adapt to your lifestyle, stand the test of time and make you happy to come home.
Whether it’s a custom-designed home or mid-sized commercial venture, Jay Corder Architect brings a modernist approach, aesthetic sensibility and personal commitment to every project.
Jay and his team attract clients seeking modern home design for new construction, remodels and additions.
On a Modernist Approach
To Jay and his team, a modernistic approach to design means of this century and decade. It means acknowledging that we live in our homes differently than we did 15 or 20 years ago and that things like flow and natural light are important to our personal enjoyment and even our well-being. In a good modern design, there is a beautiful and useful manipulation of the edge between interior and exterior space, and a clear connection to the outdoors.
A custom home is much more than a shelter. As the shell that protects your dearest people and the treasures you’ve collected over time, it should be beautiful, well-designed, made of quality materials and expertly crafted. This is the place that adds up to your life experience, and its design and construction should reflect that.
On Personal Connections
Jay believes in a reciprocal client relationship and wants to be listening as much as he is talking. The team’s goal is to get to know you well enough to understand and interpret your very particular needs—then design a beautiful home that meets every single one of them.
What Clients Say About Us
- Jay specializes in catering to the wants and needs of his clients to transform their homes into something truly special. He does a good job of listening but also isn't afraid to push back on ideas tha... Read More
- We worked with Jay Corder for over a year, planning, designing and building our custom home. It was a great experience working with him and his staff. Our home is beyond our expectations. It was so... Read More
- I am so impressed with the work of Jay Corder Architect. I have seen many of their projects and they all have a unique quality of beautiful design, creativity & sophistication. His designs really do f... Read More
- I have been working with Jay Corder for 10 years. We retained him to do a major remodel on our home 10 years ago and have used him for 2 subsequent updates. Jay and his team are simply the best. Th... Read More
- We hired Jay to do a remodel of our home that included a 2nd story. We live in an older neighborhood with homes built in the early 70s. Jay's design fit very well into the current landscape of homes ... Read More